Cauliflower rice side dish Recipe
Does Cauliflower rice side dish taste good?
While cauliflower is a mild-tasting, versatile veggie, it doesn’t have an identical neutral flavor you obtain with rice. Instead riced cauliflower is moderate, with nutty, somewhat bitter undertones.
This Cauliflower rice side dish recipe features fresh Mediterranean flavors, including toasted almonds, lemon and parsley. It’s the light side meal that is perfect! It’s carb that is low vegan and gluten free, too. Recipe yields 4 modest side servings.
- 1 head that is medium-to-large or 16 ounces store-bought cauliflower rice
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons oil that is extra-virgin is olive
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (omit if sensitive to spice)
- ¼ teaspoon ocean salt that is okay
- ½ cup chopped parsley that is flat-leaf
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper that is black colored to taste
- If you’re working with a head that is relative of, cut it into medium chunks (see photo) and discard the core. Performing in batches, pulse the chunks in a food processor with the S-blade until they’re broken into tiny pieces, just larger than couscous. (See recipe notes in the case that you don’t have a food processor.)
- Wrap the cauliflower rice in a clean tea towels or paper towels, twist, and fit as much water it will be possible to wring out that you could from the rice—you may be surprised by simply how much water.
- Toast the almonds in a skillet that is big moderate temperature, stirring frequently (careful, or they’ll burn), until they’re fragrant and starting in order to make golden on the edges, about less than six mins. Transfer the toasted almonds up to a bowl to cool.
- Reunite the skillet to your heat and add the acrylic that is olive garlic. Cook while stirring until the garlic is fragrant, about 10 to 20 moments. Include the cauliflower rice, red pepper flakes and sodium, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring just every moment that is complete so, until the cauliflower rice is hot and turning golden in places, about 6 to ten full minutes.
- Take away the skillet through the temperature. Stir in the almonds which can be toasted parsley and lemon juice. Period to taste with pepper and salt, and provide warm.
The information shown is an estimate supplied by a nutrition calculator that is online. It will not undoubtedly be a replacement a nutritionist’s advice that is professional.