Best 6 Tips For Shrimp Saganaki
Shrimp Saganaki is actually a quick and easy Greek appetizer that is frequently served with crusty bread to scoop up the tomato sauce that is savory. For a gluten-free course that is main offer for a bed of cooked zucchini noodles, rice, or quinoa instead.
Prep time: ten minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
3 T. virgin that is extra that is olive
2-3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 onion that is medium is red finely chopped
¼ c. wine that is dry is white
1 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes
½ c. Kalamata olives, chopped
1 t. dried dill
1 t. dried down Greek oregano
½ t. crushed chili flakes that are red
Salt and pepper that is black colored to taste
1 lb. Large (16/20 ct.) shrimp, deveined and shelled
3 T. parsley that is fresh, chopped and split
4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil that is olive a skillet that is large medium-high heat. Include garlic and onion that is cook that is red stirring sometimes, for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion softens and starts to turn golden brown.
- Add wine that is deglaze that is white skillet, scraping up any brown bits having a spatula.
- Reduce temperature to medium and consist of crushed tomatoes, olives, dill, oregano, and chili flakes being red. Period with pepper and salt that is black to taste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 8-10 moments, stirring sometimes. Add shrimp and 2 tablespoons for the parsley. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp just turns pink. Never overcook the shrimp.
- Remove from temperature and adjust seasonings, to taste. To produce, move to a serving dish and top with remaining parsley that is fresh crumbled Feta cheese. Enjoy!